Who we are and how we engage with the world are much stronger predictors of how our children will do than what we know about parenting. In terms of teaching our children to dare greatly in the "never enough" culture, the question isn't so much "Are you parenting in the right way?" as it is:" Are you the adult that you want your child to grow up to be?" Brene Brown - Daring Greatly.
Common Referral Concerns:
• Trauma / Abuse
• Attachment Disorder
• Grief and Loss Issues
• Friendship Problems
• Attention Deficit Disorder
• Asperger’s/Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Child Specialist in Collaborative Law
• Parent - Child Counselling in separation or divorce “New Ways for Families"
• Practice Note Seven Assessment
• Parenting Assessment
• Separation Anxiety
Play Modalities Used:
• Fantasy Play
• Play Toys
• Puppet Play
• Sand Play
• Movement and Music
• Story Reading (bibliotherapy)
What is the parents role when a child is in counselling?
Collaborative Law & New Ways for Families
Play Therapy Brochure